Thank you for choosing Discovery for your child’s enrichment programming and classes this past year. We have had a wonderful and exciting time with your children. Your children will have many teachers in their lifetime but I hope to really build a connection and memory that stays with them. One of my favorite quotes of the year that I shared with the staff at the beginning and end of the year was “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child. -Carl Jung. One can be a brilliant teacher but passion, caring and warmth is the key.
Winter/Spring just finished up a couple of weeks ago and our summer programming began last week. As I have done in the past I would like to share the Discovery highlights from the year:
- We launched our monthly newsletter, The Spark in February
- We had a record 128 dancers perform in our Spring Recital in two shows
- Karate students were promoted to new belt levels in the Spring
- Our USAIGC Team program continues to grow with three levels being offered- Copper 1, Copper 2 and Bronze. A number of our gymnasts placed on individual events at States and Regionals
- Due to popularity, we ran two sections of our Almost on My Program for 19/24 month olds
- We launched 2 new age groups (3/4 and 5/6 year olds)for Parkour/Pre-Parkour
- Our two new music programs, Rockers and Laurie Berkner’s The Music in Me were a joy to listen to and sold out
- We have new promotional videos for our programs. Check out the “Our Videos” link on our website
It’s been a great year! We are still registering now for Summer and Fall. Make sure you check out our website or give us a call to find out more.
Have a great summer!