The Journey Continues!
Emma Ryals Ward, Office Manager
This month, I am embarking on my next journey: moving to San Francisco, CA! With a full heart and a grateful soul, I have spent a lot of time thinking about how honored and just plain lucky I am to have been a part of the Discovery family! Here are the 10 things I have learned while being a part of our team:
1. There is no sweeter season to be around little ones than in Winter! The mittens! The hats! The puffy coats!
2. A smiling baby can fix just about anything.
3. There is always peace to be found among the noise! Even at the busiest of times, a hug from a family can bring me peace and joy instantly.
4. Nobody in the whole entire world works harder than Katie Kheel, Julia Fidler, and Claude Meliarenne.
5. Work blends with home when you make a family where you spend your days 🙂
6. Gratitude from families here is the sweetest gift I have ever been given!
7. Watching little ones do Parkour will always make me clap and giggle! Those jumps: amazing!
8. Nothing compares to watching a little one overcome their fear of doing a somersault: pure joy on a tiny red face!
9. 3:00 pm is made infinitely more wonderful by a staff coffee/pastry run! How lucky am I?
10. “You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” – Miriam Adeney