The Winter/Spring Semester has finished up and we are now on to summer. We have really enjoyed seeing and connecting with the families these past few days at Parent Viewing Day. I have realized that not only does Discovery have the best teachers, we also have the best parents!! I have been really wowed and amazed by your support of our Office Coordinator, Julia, as she battles cancer. Your warmth and love have really touched her and our staff. I always think of Discovery as a family, not just a business and this has really shown through in this case. We end the year feeling proud of our students and our staff:
- Many of our USAIGC team gymnasts placed in individual events at States, two were top all around at States, and four gymnasts will attend World Championships in California later this month
- Our dancers shined on stage at the Spring Recital
- Thirty karate students were promoted here at Discovery Programs for the first time rather than going to Seido karate headquarters
- Our Parkour program grew to two classes and the students worked on a piece about Hurricane Katrina
- Our On My Own (2s programs) students move on to preschools such as West Side Montessori, Columbus Preschool, Broadway Presbyterian, St. Hilda St. Hughes, and more
- Our dance teachers performed in various shows in NYC and California
- Our Karate teacher earned her 4th Degree Black Belt and ran the NYC marathon
It’s been a wonderful year, and we look forward to more great things to come next year! Check out our exciting new classes!
We will be sending out more information in the next coming weeks about these classes. Give us a call to find out more.
Thanks for a great year and have a great summer!